Tuesday 23 October 2012

Ranting| Felix Baumgartner is a douche...


Last week, the world went crazy when one douchebag decided to jump FROM THE EDGE OF SPACE with nothing but a parachute. Now, I know this will sound like I am just insanely jealous but I think Baumgartner is a complete dime bar.

What is his job? Well, according to Wikipedia he is a skydiver, daredevil and BASE jumper (you apparently have to write it like that - "BASE"). So basically, he gets paid shit loads of money to fall off stuff. Hmmm. I fall over frequently, I walk into doors, and I do that weird thing where I accidentally take an extra step on the staircase at home or miss the last step. Do I get paid for these things? No! Admittedly, I wouldn't throw myself off a cliff or anything - not intentionally anyway. And I don't think we should really be encouraging people in that...

I mean, the only difference, in my opinion anyway, between daredevilling (yeah, that's a verb!) and suicide is the intention to survive. Well, I have an idea, if you want to survive, how about you DON'T jump out of a pod on the edge of space. Okay, I know he did survive and everything, and that it's a great feat of - what? - Science? Human Survival? So he's a record-breaker. Well. Done.

He might be hot and have a very cute name but he is clearly nuts. Also, as my brother said, he would have earnt a lot more cool points if he had said some clever last words:

"One small step for MAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...."


No comments:

Post a Comment