Sunday 21 October 2012

Boo's Notes| GCSE Practice Questions - "Fifty Shades of Grey" by E L James

Boo Exam Board GCSE English Literatrure (Higher Lever) Exam 1 - Summer 2013

Fifty Shades of Grey

Answer part (a) and either part (b) or part (c).

You are advised to spend 20 minutes on part (a), and about 40 minutes on part (b) or part (c).

Read the extract. Then answer the following question:

(a) With close reference to the extract, show how E L James represents the "fifty shades" of Christian Grey's character here.                                                                                                        [10 marks]

(b) How does E L James' representation of Christian Grey throughout the novel affect your feelings towards him?

(c) "A real man loves his woman whatever time of the month it is". To what extent do you agree with this statement?

[EXTRACT]
"I don't remember anyone but my family ever being mad at me. I like it." He runs the tips of his fingers down my cheek. Oh my, his proximity, his delicious Christian smell. We're supposed to be talking, but my heart is pounding, my blood singing as it courses through my body, desire, pooling, unfurling... everywhere. Christian bends and runs his nose along my shoulder and up to the base of my ear, his fingers slipping into my hair. "We should talk." I whisper.

"Later."

"I want you," he breathes.I moan and reach up and grasp his arms."Are you bleeding?" He continues to kiss me.Holy Fuck. Does nothing slip by him?"Yes," I whisper, embarrassed."Do you have cramps?""No." I flush.

He stops and looks down at me."Did you take your pill?""Yes." How mortifying is this?

He takes me into the bathroom which is two rooms, all aquamarines and white limestone. It's huge - In the second room a sunken bath, big enough for four people with stone steps that lead into it, is slowly filling with water. Steam rises gently above the foam, and I notice a stone seat all the way around.

[...] "When did you start your period, Anastasia?” he asks out of the blue, gazing down at me.

“Err... yesterday,” I mumble in my highly aroused state.

“Good.” He releases me and turns me around.

“Hold on to the sink,” he orders and pulls my hips back again, like he did in the playroom, so I’m bending down.

He reaches between my legs and pulls on the blue string… what! And… a gently pulls my tampon out and tosses it into the nearby toilet. Holy fuck. Sweet mother of all… Jeez. And then he’s inside me… ah! Skin against skin… moving slowly at first… easily, testing me, pushing me… oh my. I grip on to the sink, panting, forcing myself back on him, feeling him inside me. Oh the sweet agony… his hands clasp my hips. He sets a punishing rhythm – in, out, and he reaches around and finds my clitoris, massaging me… oh jeez. I can feel myself quicken.

“That’s right, baby,” he rasps as he grinds into me, angling his hips, and it’s enough to send me flying, flying high.

Whoa… and I come, loudly, gripping for dear life onto the sink as I spiral down through my orgasm, everything spinning and clenching at once. He follows, clasping me tightly, his front on my back as he climaxes and calls my name like it’s a litany or a prayer.


No comments:

Post a Comment